Who says traveling for business can’t be good? There’s a lot to think about. From choosing where you’ll stay, how you’ll travel, and then making sure you’ve got enough energy for your actual work! We’re here to help. Here are the top things you need to consider when choosing where you’ll stay when you travel for work!
- Parking. If you’re traveling by highway, parking can become an issue very quickly, not to mention an unruly expense. Do the company controller a favour and seek out a hotel with its own free parking. This will help cut expenses, as well as provide you with a safe place to store your wheels while you’re getting work done.
- Location, Location, Location. Trying to find your way around a new city when you’re traveling for work can become a hassle really quickly. Save yourself some headaches and find something central to where you need to be. If you’re comfortable in the city you’re going to, consider something off the beaten path but near to public transit, giving you bonus points for saving the environment!
- Corporate Rates. If you work for a larger company, there is a good chance that they’ve worked out a predetermined discount for its staff at certain hotels. When you’re booking your room, make sure to ask about it. PRO TIP: corporate rates are not usually available through third-party booking sites, so make sure you contact the hotel directly!
- Where To Eat. A long day at your job site is strenuous on a good day, but can be more so when you’re away from home. When you’re choosing where to stay, consider how you want to take care of your food. Consider a hotel that includes breakfast with your stay to help you start the day on a full stomach. After your day is done, do you think you’ll want to cook or take in a meal at a local restaurant? Depending on your answer, you’ll want to either consider something near to restaurants, or something with a kitchenette.
- Work From the Hotel. There are few things worse than bad WiFi, or having to pay extra for it. If being able to work after the site closes for the day, make sure to find somewhere that has good, reliable, free WiFi to help you get a headstart.
Interested in making use of business travel rates with Coastal Inns on your next work trip? contact us today!